Wanha Karminranta is designed for enjoyment. The lakeside house is located in Pertunmaa and is full of the 1950’s atmosphere. It was completely renovated in 2008 and, along with its surroundings, offers holiday experiences and a starting point for recreational activities throughout the year.
The well thought-out details, quality materials and modern equipment of a high level, including an Internet connection, will create the grounds for a comfortable holiday or distance working. The elegant interior design and tastefully restored furniture will add finishing touches to the unique atmosphere.
There is a luxurious double bed in the upstairs bedroom. In addition there are twin beds in both the attic and the downstairs bedroom. If required, the couches in the sauna front room, the kitchen and the upstairs bedroom will act as comfortable additional beds. Sleeps 6 + 3 extra beds.
Pertunmaa village 15 km
Nearest neighbour 150 m
Restaurant 5 km
Ski trail 2 km
Ski lift 60 km
Bus stop 2,5 km
Train station 25 km
ABC-Kuortti, open 24 hrs 9 km
Mäntyharju 25 km
Helsinki 180 km, 1hr 50 mins
Imatra 156 km, 1hr 50 mins
Vaalimaa (Russian border) 152 km, 2 hrs
Nuijamaa (Russian border) 142 km, 1hr 45 mins
The spacious sauna by the lake, built in 2008 and designed to be used throughout the year, can be heated by either wooden or electric stove. The sauna building has a shower and heated floors. You can admire the beautiful views of the lake while enjoying the sauna.
The fireplace room, along with its mini kitchen, is a comfortable place to spend time. It has a fridge, microwave oven, coffeemaker, kettle and dishes. When it’s cold outside, you can enter the sauna and the shower directly from the fireplace room. And should you feel tired, there is a couch by the fireplace for a good sleep.
You can relax on the veranda of the large sauna, or enjoy the warm sun on the patio by the lake.
The extensive courtyard is lined by birch trees, which create a shade over a romantic log cabin and its woodshed. By the water there is a boathouse, storing our boat which is always ready for an excursion on the lake.
Departing the Helsinki metropolitan area, in less than two hours you can be with us in the middle of the fields, shaded by tall courtyard trees, by berry bushes and lilacs, enjoying the clear waters of the lake rich with fish.
Renting Wanha Karminranta and the neighboring Hiekkaranta will offer accommodation for 13 people, regardless of the season. In the summer you can also stay in the Wanha Karminranta log cabin, like people used to in the old times. This way, even a larger group can enjoy being together and participating in joint activities, but there is also an opportunity for peace and quiet.
The Wanha Karmiranta rental includes:
• Firewood and matches
• Toilet paper and kitchen rolls to cover the start of your holiday
• Pillows and duvets for everyone
• Household appliances and cooking equipment
(certified by the MALO specifications)
• Dishes and glasses
• Children’s highchair
• Children's travel bed available by request, free of charge
• Three televisions, satellite TV
• Iron and ironing board
• Vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment and basic cleaning liquids
• In the summer, free use of the rowing boat and life jackets
• In the summer garden furniture with soft covers and a deck chair
• outdoor fireplace and a grill rack
• Electric grill and outdoor cooking pan
• Ice picks
• Internet-connection (Wi-Fi)
• Radio / CD-player
• PlayStation 2-console
Suggested activities for those staying at Wanha Karminranta are:
• Swimming at the gently sloping, sandy beach
• Fishing, picking berries and mushrooms
• Excursions by bicycle and in the woods
• Hunting on Antinmäki Farmstead property, by special arrangement – contact Jari on mobile: +358 50 511 3041
And there is a variety of other exciting things to do. Links to these can be found on our Activities page.
Also available for hire: To see, click here.
Prices include VAT. Payment for these can be made together with the booking or at the start of the hire period.
• Sheets and towels 16 €/person/hire-period
- includes sheets, duvet-covers and pillow-cases and a large sauna-towel and a hand-towel
• Making the beds in advance 5 €/person
• Bathrobe 10 €/person/hire period
• Bicycle and protective headgear 30 €/hire-period
• An outboard motor for the rowing boat, 70 €/holiday period
• Smoke accessory for the electric grill 10 €/hire-period
• Kick sledge 15 €/hire-period
• Children’s sledge 10 €/hire-period
• Skid 5 €/hire period
• Ice-hole auger 15 €/hire-period
• Fishing rods for winter 10 €/hire-period
• Fish trap 10 €/hire-period
• Cleaning on departure 155 €/hire-period – so you can enjoy your holiday right up to departure.
In the summer, the log cabin may be reserved as additional accommodation for two people at the cost of 140 €/week. We will bring fresh, comfortable mattresses for the cabin’s beds, as well as duvets and pillows. Bedding and towels will be available at an additional charge of 16 €/person. Cleaning of the cabin after accommodation use 35 €.
For an additional charge we can organise:
Please let us know in good time (at least 5 days in advance) of any additional requirements!
Design by KING KONG ADVERTISING