Hyväniemen Helmi was built in 2006 and is a very well-equipped planed log cottage in Kangasniemi on the shores of the clear-water Lake Pieni-Ahvenainen. The cottage is situated in a rural area and in the grounds there is a sauna by the lake and a woodshed.
Hyväniemen Helmi offers pleasant accommodation throughout the year and in the surrounding region there are various activities for all ages.
The 1 ½ storey cottage can be used all-year. It has 2 bedrooms, hallway, balcony, a combined living room and kitchen and a large veranda from which it is possible to admire the evening sun. Sleeping accommodation for 4 + 4 extra beds. Electricity/wood heating. Running water, mains electricity, indoor WC, shower and heat-retaining fireplace.
The wood-heated sauna offers enjoyable bathing for 3 – 4 people at a time. In addition to the sauna, the building contains an open fire, dressing room, washing facilities and a large veranda. The open fire area is also equipped with a refrigerator, microwave oven, coffee machine, kettle and crockery.
• Kangasniemi 7 km
• Shop 7 km
• Nearest neighbour 300 m
• Snowmobile trail 1,3 km
• Restaurant 7 km
• Bus stop 2 km
• Railway station 55 km
• Airport 84 km
• Imatra 190 km, 2 hrs 20 mins
• Vaalimaa (Russian border) 204 km, 2 hrs 40 mins
• Nuijamaa (Russian border) 188 km, 2 hrs 10 mins
The cottage rental includes:
• Firewood and matches
• Toilet paper and kitchen roll at the start of your holiday
• Pillows and covers for 8 people
• For the additional beds (convertible sofa) 2 x 120 cm wide mattresses
• Household appliances and kitchen utensils
(according to the MALO specifications)
• Dishes and glasses
• Baby’s highchair and folding bed
• 2 TVs, satellite channels (HotBirdh Etuelsat 13’ East Free)
• DVD/PlayStation 2-control console
• Iron and ironing board
• Hair dryer
• Vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment and basic cleaning liquids
• In the summer a rowing boat and life-jackets which can be freely used
• In the summer garden furniture with soft covers and a deckchair
• Electric grill and an outdoor cooking pan
• Outdoor fireplace and grill rack
• Internet connection (Wi-Fi)
Suggested activities for those staying at
Hyväniemen Helmi are:
• A trip to the Antinmäki Farmstead in Pertunmaa >> Additional information
• Remarkable opportunities for nature-related activities which can already start in the forest adjoining the cottage! Kangasniemi also has a number of signposted nature trails worth investigating. During the winter months the ski-trails and ice rink are popular. The Kangasniemi web page shows additional possibilities for recreational activities >> Read more
• The gently sloping sandy shore is an excellent place to swim even for the family’s toddlers!
• There are fishing possibilities in both Lake Pieni-Ahvenainen and Lake Puula.
• Organised fishing trips, fly-fishing and scenic boat trips are on offer >> Read more
• Play golf in PuulaGolf! >> Read more
And there are a variety of other exciting things to do. Links to these can be found through our web page.
Also available for hire: To see, click here.
Prices include VAT. Payment for these can be made together with the booking or at the start of the hire period.
• Sheets and towels 16 €/person/hire-period
- includes sheets, duvet-covers and pillow-cases and a large sauna-towel and a hand-towel
• Making the beds in advance 5 €/person
• Bathrobe 10 €/person/hire period
• Bicycle and protective headgear 30 €/hire-period
• Smoke accessory for the electric grill 10 €/hire-period
• Kick sledge 15 €/hire-period
• Children’s sledge 10 €/hire-period
• Skid 5 €/hire period
• Ice-hole auger 15 €/hire-period
• Fishing rods for winter 10 €/hire-period
• Fish trap 10 €/hire-period
• Cleaning on departure 120 €/hire-period – with this you can enjoy your holiday right up to departure.
For an additional charge we can organise:
Please let us know in good time (at least 5 days in advance) of any additional requirements!
Design by KING KONG ADVERTISING