Made of hand-carved logs at the beginning of 1950's, this bold 1½-storey house has been renovated throughout in 2010.
The house has a spacious bright living room, a functional kitchen and 2 twin bedrooms, so it sleeps 4 people. Taking extra beds into account the sleeping capacity can be arranged for 6 people. Upstairs there is the astonishing views of the lake from the large covered balcony.
A wide lobby, as well as a toilet / shower area suitable for disabled guests on the residential floor. On the ground floor is a fair-sized wood-heated sauna and shower area with underfloor heating. Also, the basement room downstairs.
The log, wood-fired lakeside sauna is suitable for summer time use and has a small room suitable for overnight stays.
The sauna has electicity to add comfort.
The shoreline is shallow and sandy so it is suitable for aquatic fun. Lake Pieni-Ahvenainen is a small clear water lake with good fishing.
A shoreline of around 50 m is at use. Across the field, from the house to the shore, the distance is less than 70 m.
The yard has with plenty of parking space, as well as the opportunity to agree upon the use of a garage or a storage shed.
The house is surrounded by fields that are used for agriculture. Other buildings are not included in the rent.
1 / 19
Book this rural idyll now!
• Kangasniemi 7 km
• Shop 7 km
• Nearest neighbour 300 m
• Snowmobile trail 1,3 km
• Restaurant 7 km
• Bus stop 2 km
• Railway station 55 km
• Airport 84 km
• Imatra 190 km, 2 hrs 20 mins
• Vaalimaa (Russian border) 204 km, 2 hrs 40 mins
• Nuijamaa (Russian border) 188 km, 2 hrs 10 mins
The cottage rental includes:
• Firewood and matches
• Toilet paper and kitchen roll at the start of your holiday
• Pillows and covers for max 6 people
• Mattresses for the additional beds (convertible sofa)
• Household appliances and kitchen utensils
(according to the MALO specifications)
• Dishes and glasses
• Baby’s highchair and cot
• TV + DVD/PlayStation -control console
• Iron and ironing board
• Hair dryer
• Vacuum cleaner, cleaning equipment and basic cleaning liquids
• In the summer a rowing boat and life-jackets which can be freely used
• In the summer garden furniture with soft covers
• Electric grill and an outdoor cooking pan
• Internet connection (Wi-Fi)
Access to the house, the immediate yard and garden area, the lakeside sauna and a lakeside sauna storage building in accordance with the terms of the rental. Other facilities, areas and buildings are not included in the rent, unless separately agreed upon in writing.
Suggested activities for those staying at
Hyväniemen Hippu are:
• Remarkable opportunities for nature-related activities which can already start in the forest adjoining the fields! Kangasniemi also has a number of signposted nature trails worth investigating. During the winter months the ski-trails and ice rink are popular. The Kangasniemi web page shows additional possibilities for recreational activities >> Read more
• There are fishing possibilities in both Lake Pieni-Ahvenainen and Lake Puula.
• A trip to the Antinmäki Farmstead in Pertunmaa >> Additional information
• Organised fishing trips, fly-fishing and scenic boat trips are on offer >> Read more
• Play golf in PuulaGolf! >> Read more
And there are a variety of other exciting things to do. Links to these can be found through our web page.
Also available for hire: To see, click here.
Prices include VAT. Payment for these can be made together with the booking or at the start of the hire period.
• Sheets and towels 16 €/person/hire-period
- includes sheets, duvet-covers and pillow-cases and a large sauna-towel and a hand-towel
• Making the beds in advance 5 €/person
• Bathrobe 10 €/person/hire period
• Bicycle and protective headgear 30 €/hire-period
• Smoke accessory for the electric grill 10 €/hire-period
• Kick sledge 15 €/hire-period
• Children’s sledge 10 €/hire-period
• Skid 5 €/hire period
• Ice-hole auger 15 €/hire-period
• Fishing rods for winter 10 €/hire-period
• Fish trap 10 €/hire-period
• Cleaning on departure 120 €/hire-period – with this you can enjoy your holiday right up to departure.
For an additional charge we can organise:
Please let us know in good time (at least 5 days in advance) of any additional requirements!
Design by KING KONG ADVERTISING